Auditions at URTA and SETC
URTA New York – January 21-24, 2017
URTA Chicago – January 30-February 2, 2017
URTA San Francisco – February 4-5, 2017
** We will only be attending Satellite Auditions at all three URTA locations.
If you wish to audition outside of the above locations and dates, please contact us at email@example.com. Additional guidelines can be found below.
When auditioning, the Accademia is looking at the following aspects of your work:
- How you use your body and the space
- Your ability to bring life to text and, where appropriate, singing
- Your relationship – as the actor – with the audience
- Sense of structure and dynamics in performance
- Inter-disciplinary skills
We strongly encourage MFA applicants to audition in person. However, if this is not possible we do accept video auditions. Please see the section above, Individual Auditions by Appointment, for instructions. To request a video audition submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that any applicant may be asked for an additional audition. This is especially true for those who audition at URTA or SETC. In this case we make every effort to hold the audition in your area.
After you have turned in your completed Application Packet and auditioned, the final step is to have a Skype or Video Call interview with the MFA Program Director and/or MFA Associate Program Director.
Following the interview, the Accademia dell’Arte will inform you (in a timely manner) whether:
- You will be offered a place in the program
- You will not be offered a place in the program
- You will be placed on the waiting list (confirmation of placement would ensue in a timely manner)