We are looking for a Graduate Student to fill out our Internship position
Are you a graduate student interested in gaining experience working for an American Study Abroad Program in Italy? Accademia dell’Arte is a conservatory style, performing arts study abroad program in Tuscany. If you have interpersonal communication, organizational and planning skills, the ability to relate with university students and artists, experience proofreading and editing, then we would love to hear from you.
Period: Late July 2022 – Late July 2023
Closing Date: February 20, 2022
Stipend: $1,100 per month (30 hrs. per week) + housing + utilities + meals
Benefits: You will be living in a small apartment on campus (rent, utilities & meals when classes are in session included). You will be able to take one class of your choice per semester (fall & spring).
At the Accademia dell’Arte, we constantly strive for a deep sense of community. We believe that a sense of belonging and mutual recognition are the fundamental ingredients for both artistic and personal growth. As such, we foster this dimension with the utmost care as we welcome young artists into our programs.
Accademia dell’Arte is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion; and for all artists and employees to work in an environment that respects the vastness of their identity including, age, race, sex, gender, gender expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, and ability. In furtherance of these goals, Accademia dell’Arte encourages candidates from traditionally excluded backgrounds to apply.
Further, this position will necessarily contribute to the creation of this brave space for all artists. The above values should be held dear, and experience upholding Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion would be an asset.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work alongside the Director of Student Services to ensure the quality of students learning experience as well as their wellbeing
- Organize extracurricular activities
- Content creation for our social media
- Supervision of student’s core rotations
- Emergency Phone duty
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time by the Accademia dell’Arte
- Adult Education/Psychology/ Student Affairs education – preferred
- Proficiency in Italian – preferred
- Collegiate and collaborative team player
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
How to apply
Applications should contain a CV, letter of application and one recommendation letter from one of your professors at your graduate school to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org