Spring Semester Dance Program
Each spring semester Accademia dell’Arte offers a unique, dynamic dance program designed in partnership with Professor Karen Dearborn at Muhlenberg College.
Working intimately with a variety of European artists, students will have the opportunity to explore various approaches in order to further develop their personal dance expression, technique and their creativity.
Students will expand their choreographic range through the creation of solo and small group pieces. They will be exposed to diverse musical and thematic materials that will challenge their choreographic skills.
The Spring Dance Program is designed for:
- BFA students who seek to enhance their ability to create solo and ensemble dance work through rigorous study with choreographers and instructors from the vibrant European dance scene and
- BA students who wish to explore various methods of dance technique in order to improve their artistic skills.
Faculty and instructors, while your students are studying and training with us, they will be guided on their pathway towards artistic development and personal growth. You can expect them to return to your classes, studios and productions more confident, more skilled as dancers and more mature as artists.
- Extended Performance Topics: Dance Performance/ Improvisation/ Laban Movement Studies
- Cultural Dance Studies: Tanztheater and Tarantismo/ Popular Dance of the Mediterranean
- Dance Technique: Modern Dance and Ballet
- Philosophy of Art and Performance
- Italian Language I or II
Lectures, Workshops and Intensives:
- Sound and Movement Lab