Fall & Spring Semester Devising and Physical Theatre Program
The undergraduate program in Devising and Physical Theatre at the Accademia dell’Arte offers young artists the unique opportunity of developing their creative potential through exposure to European performance trends. The curriculum offers high level training in specific yet interrelated disciplines with the aim of providing skills and competence while encouraging experimentation and innovation.
Grounded in the spirit of the actor/creator, the program features extensive work in expressive Movement, Voice, Commedia dell’Arte (and other heightened character styles), an introduction to performance history beginning with the Avant Garde, as well as Italian Language.
The Devising and Physical Theatre Program invites highly motivated students who seek challenge, discovery, growth and new skills in collaboratively devised theatre.
This program is designed for:
- BFA students who seek to expand their actor training through unique, rigorous, European-based approaches to acting and performance and
- BA students who look to experience self-generated & ensemble-based work alongside physical approaches to acting and performance.
Faculty and instructors, while your students are studying and training with us, they will be engaged in the discovery and development of their unique artistic self. You can expect them to return to your classes, studios and productions more confident in taking risks, more precise and more collaborative.
- Movement and Physical Preparation
- Voice and Music
- Devising Techniques
- Commedia dell’Arte
- Liberal Arts Studies: Avant Garde and Beyond
- Italian Language: Beginner or Intermediate
Lectures, Workshops and Intensives:
- Lecoq Technique
- Voice and Movement Master Classes
- Italian Song